Everything has been super busy and I do have good news. I have dropped 23 pounds according to Real Appeal (when I started that), but if you’ve been following my Training tab on this site you’ll notice it’s more than that. I am now at 286 pounds and I really don’t know where it’s going off to…
I did not have weight loss surgery just to let people know because I am a chicken. I don’t like the thought of me being knocked out while doctors cut me open and do stuff. I do know this though, is that especially while I was sick for a week and a half I had to really put my foot down and say NO to dairy temporarily. I was weaning myself off before, but now that included eggs as well. This was because dairy and eggs and certain other foods make phlegm…’nough said about that. -_-;
Maybe my body has a real aversion to it? I mean I can eat eggs and get the same results, but cutting out milk, cheese, and things puts things into perspective. With the weather cooling down and me steadily losing weight I should be able to hasten the process by going on more hikes and doing more activity rather than sitting on my bum eating potato chips.
My blood sugars are starting to drop too. The last time I went to the doctor (don’t know if I’ve blogged about this part yet) my A1C dropped from 8.0 to 7.4 and that was on August 8th when I got my blood drawn by the vampires. ^w^
I am going to hit the gym today for the first time from being sick and see where that goes. Wish me luck. 🙂
Posted in blogging, diabetes, Fitness, gym, Health, Hiking, Uncategorized
Tagged A1C, Blood sugar, diabetes, doctor, fitness, fitness journey, gym, gymrat, gymtime, Health, healthy, Hiking, training, weight and health, weight loss, weight loss journey
I hate gyms for a few reasons, but I can over look most of those reasons. I always have to quit a gym because one hand does not know what the other hand is doing when it concerns money and payment issues. I did not think moving was a big deal or when my bank card changed. The computers are having issues and my only options are to cancel or get it switched over to my home gym where I live now. I would have gotten this problem fixed by now, but I am so busy to try and head over to my old gym is a pain. The manager of the place is only there at certain times where either I am working or busy with something else that is either equally important or more important. Also, when I talk to one of the employees and they write a note down for the manager to get back to me they never do. Trying to find the gym manager is like trying to locate the Ark of the Covenant at this point. =/
I’m debating cancelling my gym membership for a couple of reasons.
- It is now a hassle to try and get the computer to automatically take my payment
- I have been mostly doing my own thing for exercise instead of the gym. i.e. C25K app
- Germs (I have been over riding that fear when I was actively going.)
- Muscle headed big guys on steroids bullying me with their big truck telling me where to park because apparently they need a lot of space with a red carpet to get in and out of their vehicle and they think they own the whole parking lot. (this happened once)
- I would rather not deal with people, but you do what you gotta do.
- It is hard to do the C25K app on the treadmill. It is doable, but it is difficult.
- DDR (Dance Dance Revolution)
- Wii Fit and Wii Fit U
Reasons to keep the gym membership
- Ellie (I love the elliptical machines)
- I can bring a friend as many times as I want and the gym membership is like a twofer with gym benefits attached.
- I can exercise safely without being in the heat.
- Yeeeaaaaaah….I dunno…