I have a follow up doctor’s appointment late this afternoon. I want to be cleared to go to the gym again. If I do get cleared it will be walking on the treadmill until I build back up that strength that I had. Even if it is as frustrating as it sounds starting over, but hopefully this means I can get back to where I was quickly.
In the reading department I had bought more books online. I could not help myself and even though I am not done with the Throne of Glass series I picked up a physical copy of Sarah J. Maas’ other series, “A Court of Thorns and Roses”. I also bought “Speak” and I started reading it a little bit because I could not wait and I realized that it has no chapters. So if I update my bookshelf life tab it will be in pages and I know I have a lot of books I am reading and that I have not finished. It was becoming too cluttered each month to list them all so I’ll just have to list books I am currently reading. These books can change each month if I decide to stop reading them for a month and read a few other different books. It is like a book buffet and I know a few reasons why it takes me so long to finish a book so that it seems like forever.
Why I can not finish a book quickly
- Life…. I’m fairly busy.
- I read at an average pace.
- If I read any faster I will not understand what I just read.
- Sometimes books have slow boring parts.
- I get distracted easily by other pretty books.
- Sometimes I get angry at the author.
- If I run into an emotional part in the book I have to take a break.
- I may not like the book, but I have OCD and have to finish it.
- I’m savoring it because it is a great read.
- I am too invested in the story to want to finish it. (i.e. last book/only book)
I know I need to be more diligent and find ways to get these books read faster to I can move onto more books and/or finish a series.